Describe at least two challenges they face with accessing and moving through the healthcare system
Minority, marginalized and vulnerable populations have been known to face more challenges accessing quality healthcare. In this Assignment, you will explore how a systems approach to coordinating care can help meet the needs of these populations.
Create a PowerPoint presentation with at least eight (8) slides of content that you can use to inform your organization about the challenges faced by underserved populations in the community.
- Choose a minority, marginalized, or vulnerable population.
- Describe at least two challenges they face with accessing and moving through the healthcare system (uninsured, underinsured, low literacy, language barrier, etc.).
- Discuss how a systems approach to proper care coordination would positively impact the challenges you identified.
- Describe how this approach will meet the patients’ needs, priorities, and expectations.
- How can raising the standard of care for underserved populations affect the health care system as a whole?
- Your submission is created in a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.
- To meet the objective requirements, your presentation is at least 8 slides in length and a minimum of 450 words.